college

Review: Fangirl

8:40 AM


Title: Fangirl

Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genres: YA, Romance
Destinations: Nebraska, College

Do you need a sweet story to take you back to college and give you butterflies all over again? Well if that is what you are self prescribing, then I recommend you read Fangirl. There is no huge plot story or really deep, unnerving characters. There is just a young girl trying to find a way to survive college while remaining true to herself.

Is this book too good to be true for many geeks out there? Yes. How do I know? Because I am a huge geek and what happens in this book would unfortunately never happen in real life. But you know what? that's okay. Books are here to make us forget what the real world is like and throw us into a pool of what-ifs and if-onlys and I love it.

However, what you can love and appreciate about this book is that the main character never gave in to the people around her. She remained true to herself through and through. That even meant saying no to going to parties, which I loved since going out in college gave me so much anxiety and I wish I had the courage to just say no. In the end, staying true to herself, won her a sexy farmer boy. (Like I said, too good to be true). But there are people out there who will love you for who you are (albeit they probably aren't sexy farmers, those are only on Abercrombie shopping bags) and those are the individuals who will be worth your love in return.

Definitely check this really cute book out that will make you cry, laugh and get nervous all over again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments