Barnes & Noble

Barnes & Noble Closes in Forest Hills

2:03 PM


Barnes & Noble is vacating its Forest Hills store

I just came across the worst news EVER!

I live in Forest Hills, NY and I just found out that my beloved Barnes & Noble will be closing! I want to cry, and die, and cry again.

The worst part is, is that it is being taken over by Target. There are enough Targets in this world there is no reason to add more. But unfortunately it is not only Target's fault. It is also Barnes & Noble's fault. So I have decided to write an angry letter to both parties.

Dear Barnes & Noble,

Why, oh why did you not resign your lease on the space in Forest Hills? There is always a line, there are always loads of people and you are so loved. There was no reason for you not to just resign and keep the love going. I wish I could boycott you and say I will never go into a B&N again but that would be a lie, I will probably be stepping foot into one tomorrow.

But I would like to express my extreme disappointed in your refusal to remain in the heart of Queens.

Furiously,
Katarina

------------------------------------

Dear Target,

YOU SUCK! There are so many Targets in Queens and oh-so-few Barnes & Nobles. Following the closure of this one there will no longer be any B&N's in the largest borough of NYC (shame, shame, shame).

We do not need more of you.

Bye,
Katarina


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I don't know what I would do if my favorite Barnes and Noble closed. It's not at all likely because it's right in the middle of an outdoor shopping center, but it's still a scary thing to think about. And I agree with you! There are far too many Targets in the world and not nearly enough bookstores! Here's to hoping that changes in the future!

    ReplyDelete